Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our Founding Fathers and Mothers

While I've mentioned my genealogy pursuits many times over on Woolgathering, it was always my intention for Woolgathering to be a journal and not a history venue.

Building Blocks is dedicated to genealogy. It is my intention to present here biographical sketches of my forefathers and foremothers, the foundation upon which my family is built. The more I find out about them, the more they have become real people and not just dates and locations on a sheet of paper or computer screen.

Many of my ancestors were average people with average lives. Some were scoundrels. All of them were unique. I want them to be remembered for the people they were, warts and all. Every one of them contributed something to the person I am.

I am their legacy.

LSW

No comments: