Sunday, November 23, 2008

Heritage Photo of the Week

I feel guilty that I've neglected the genealogy blog the last few weeks. Part of my neglect has to do with some sudden activity in the Hodge line that is distracting me. New information is coming in from Kentucky that I hope to be sharing soon. Let's just say that the old black sheep ancestor, Dr. Henry Hodge, is getting blacker and blacker. Somehow it is more fun to chase after the rotten ancestors than it is to chase the good ones.

So to hold my place, I offer the heritage photo of the week.



I'm at a bit of a loss how to describe this photo of my great-grandfather Tilman Wilcoxen. I acquired the photo from cousin Carolyn Wilcoxen who said it appeared in the newspaper. I hope to someday run down a copy of that newspaper to find out what in the heck is going on here.

I assume the photo was taken somewhere in the Wharton area, though it could well have been taken in Indiana before the family moved to Texas.

All I can say is it definitely inspires the caption "Grandpa, what big ears you have!".

LSW

No comments: