Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Heritage Photos of the Week

I am fortunate that my grandmother, Ivy Frankum Wilcoxen, gave me quite a few photographs of herself as a young woman. My favorite is the first shown. I'm not sure of the year it was taken. Grandma had asked me what photo of her I would like to have in a larger print and was surprised when I asked for this one. She said the beads were not straight. But I think she is so pretty in this photo.


At Burr, Texas, 1918. (Ivy, far left)

With friends (Ivy, far right) at Medina dam, 1921.

The hairstyle was called "dog-ears", 1922.

December 1922

1927

1981

Ivy Frankum Wilcoxen
October 8, 1901 - December 3, 1994

LSW

4 comments:

RMG said...

Burr, TX as in-between Boling and Wharton? We drive through Burr every Sunday on our way to church in Wharton. Blink and you'll miss it.

LSW said...

One and the same. The Frankums were all over Wharton and Brazoria counties. Still are.

LG said...

A very pretty lady...and you do resemble her. Never realized that before. I only saw the "Hodge" side. Love the dress styles.

the egyptian knight said...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT STILL PART OF IVY LIVES IN YOU

THKS & B RGDS