Saturday, February 21, 2009

Heritage Photos of the Week

Awhile back on Woolgathering, I posted a photo of little brother and myself pigging out on one of my grandfather's homegrown watermelons. I mentioned how there was always a stack of yummy watermelons under the tree just a few steps from the house.

Today I rediscovered a couple of photos that shows the watermelon pile under the tree and my mother in the act of enjoying one of them.


Before, and


After.

And they were free if you knew the right people. Every one of those would cost you at least $4.99 nowadays.

LSW


1 comment:

Bettye said...

Those big melons never brought more than 25 to 35 cents each. On one occasion Larry sold the landlord some for 50 cents when no one else was home. What I wouldn't give for one of those sweet, delicious melons now! BKP